Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The enchanted broccoli baby...



...and his sisters:



The outfit E is wearing is hot off my new-to-me machine! D's grandma gave me her old Singer 500 (Slant-O-Matic), a fantastic machine that I'm LOVING!




It does so many stitches, has all these accessory feet (I used a ruffler, rolled hem, applique, and normal presser foot all in this project - just for fun), and is plain beefy. My old Target cheap-o Singer is going out the door - never to be used in this house again...you know what they say, "they just don't make 'em like they used to!"

5 comments:

Danielle said...

I know, I was so sad to learn Singer is no longer the top dog in the sewing machine world. My grandmother's 60s-era Singer still sits in my attic while I try to figure out my fancy new Viking. Cute duds you made. I still haven't made that Emmaline apron yet...

Rixa said...

Ooh, I love old sewing machines. It is true, because most new ones have a lot of plastic parts and they can't handle heavy duty fabrics like the old ones could. I bought an old White Rotary machine from the 1940s that I will use for all heavy duty sewing, since my Brother throws a fit with heavy fabrics.

I still have never used all those fancy attachments--too scared I suppose? I think I have all of those, too. Maybe I should start playing around with them...

NancyinAbq said...

Cute baby broccoli, two forks in hand. You go girl on the sewing. Seems you're very clever to have figured out all the attachments already.

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt and applique tshirt. I'm totally addicted to sewing for the girls, since they'll wear whatever I make! I found a great easy skirt pattern free on line and Isabel can almost make it by herself--I help with the ironing. We've made at least 10 of these! http://www.oliverands.com/blog/2008/08/lazy-days-skirt-free-pattern.html
Must share. It's an addiction, but it's converting my stash of fabric to useful things rather than sitting in a box! Kisses to all. Keep the news about the baby coming!

Housefairy said...

I must need an old sewing machine, my newish one gets tangled and jammed every second, it seems!