Thursday, July 2, 2009

Silence.

That's what I hear right now. The boys are both asleep, and the girls left this morning with my mom for three weeks in Alaska!

We spent last week in San Diego, visiting family, playing on the beach, cruising the zoo, and generally just enjoying being over there. We lucked out with some amazing weather, but sadly returned to some (relatively) nasty humid heat here in the ol' Valley of the Sun.

Master OP has hit 16 pounds (at 18 weeks); Big L has started saying so many more words recently, and even combining for two-word sentences rather regularly.

One funny (?) from this morning...Big L was getting ice for his water from our freezer, and saw the ice cream. Well, he pointed to the logo and clear as day said "Easy." Confused? It's from Fresh & Easy and he actually recognized the brand! I thought that he did that the other day in SD too, when we drove by a store...but he was in the back seat, and I didn't hear him clearly. I'm convinced now that indeed, brand recognition starts early. Scary.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Ha! That's funny about the ice cream brand. Lili sees the golden arches and calls it the "french-fry place." It just filters in...Enjoy your lighter load these days.

Rixa said...

Enjoy being a mom of 2 for a few weeks!