I'll skip the details, give the basics, and jump to the pictures!
Ashish's friends hosted a party at a lovely private club...we dubbed it the "pink party," thanks to the decorations.
A few pictures highlighting this night...which included an exchange of rings, good food, family and friends.
American men-folk dressing "Indian" for the event (left to right, my dad, my parents' neighbor and friend, Dan):
The bride taking one last look before leaving:
Dan and me:
The baby is a cousin of the groom...of interest to non-Indians, see the black "pen mark" on the baby's temple? That mark is to ward off the "evil eye," by "marring" the baby's beauty...
Exchange of rings:
Happy couple:
Warding off the evil eye...another form:
And the whole family...mom, dad, two sisters and two brothers-in-law:
2 comments:
Nice commentary on the photos. Helps us understand the customs. Why did Ashish wear western garb and your guys wore Indian garb?
I, for one, would like that you not "skip the details". When you have time please give them to us.
Love to all your beautiful kiddos.
I agree with Nancy...add details when you have time. If nothing else, do it for yourself, I always surprise myself by the little things I forget about big events.
I like the men-folk pic. Made me smile.
Go pink party!
Post a Comment