Monday, October 13, 2008

Friday night, diy sling, and kids today

I forgot to mention the excitement of our Friday night! D got the kids to bed around 7, per usual, and settled in to read the paper. He promptly discovered it was Mesa's 2nd Friday and they were doing a whole "Haunted Downtown" theme. We decided the novelty and fun were worth a late night, so we got the girls up (not asleep yet) and dressed for an early Halloween:



They had a blast with D! There was trick-or-treating, face painting (by a princess!), music and miscellaneous other fun.

Next up...my very first DIY ring sling! I got this awesome woven fabric on clearance at JoAnn last year, hoping to make something for this year with it...well what better for a carrier addict than a ring sling? I used the pleated shoulder tutorial from Sleeping Baby (she also sells slings), and SlingRings, which are actually locally made but widely distributed. It's a little bigger in the shoulder than I prefer, but it works perfectly for D! It is comfy, as it's such a nice woven fabric...just don't look at my hemming job up close!




And finally, here are the cuties from just minutes ago (of course I couldn't get all three together in one picture):





(oh, the girls just got home from dance class if you're wondering about the leotards)

5 comments:

Kelley said...

They look great, and so do you. I hope everything continues to go so well for you. :)

Rixa said...

Nice sling! The tail is quite long (I generally like mine pretty short); it almost gives the impression of a sari.

Jen said...

The long tail was intentional - I love them long! :)

Anonymous said...

The fabric is wicked-cool!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You guys look great. And I love that you got the kids out of bed to go the the trick-or-treat festival! Fun parents! They'll remember that forever.