This was our first camping trip with the four kids, and the first tent camping we've done with the boys. A friend and her four boys were going to the Flagstaff KOA, so we elected to join them and save the rougher style camping for a non-inaugural run.
We made great time getting there, set the big borrowed tent up
(thanks, Aunt B), and went exploring the campground. The kids had a ball on the playground, a seemingly silly destination for a camping trip, but a bit of a treat for our Phoenix kids, for whom playgrounds are currently off-limits (too hot!). We pulled in to a comfortable 79 degrees (proof courtesy of our van):
D and I treated ourselves to Late for the Train lattes, took the kids to the best toy store, and stopped by New Frontiers (in its fancy new digs) for yummy food...
All in all, an uneventful and pleasant weekend. We look forward to going again, to a little more secluded spot perhaps, up in the cool, tall pines...
5 comments:
Love these photos! You do look like happy campers. We long for secluded camping trips, too, but you have to get your feet wet first with family in tow before you really know whether it's manageable. Those lattes sound tasty, and are you sporting fringy new bangs? I can't make the photo big enough to tell.
I got my hair cut in SD actually...don't remember if it was before or after we saw you. So kinda new? Not quite bangs, and I'm actually getting a little shaggy LOL
I hate the picture uploading options on blogger...if I take them from online, they don't pop out big, if I make them big to start, they get cut off, and if I upload from my computer, it's a paint to locate them. Grrr.
Uneventful is good on a camping trip!
I was perplexed by the dark haired child lounging on the van floor... until I realized it must be a dolly~
I've been browsing old posts, specifically your sling/carrier review you did a while back.
The top photo made me think you should review your experience with carseats...are they all Britax?
Four properly restrained children make this safety girl proud!
Good job mom!
Post a Comment