Friday, August 28, 2009

Monday's Child...

Remember this rhyme?
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

Well, according to that...

Oliver is fair of face; Clara is full of grace; Dan, Elfie and Liam are all full of woe; and I have far to go...

Don't remember what day of the week you were born? Enter your bday here, just for kicks ;)

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Hmmm, apparently I'm full of woe. Oh well.

Of my kids, Josh has far to go, Matt is full of grace, Ben is bonny and blithe, and Rachel is full of woe, too... poor kid. I wonder where this rhyme came from.

ParaMarie said...

Anthony is fair of face
I have far to go
And Magdalen is bonny and blithe and good and gay

Unknown said...

I have heard it "free from woe" which is me as Wednesday's child. E & B are Friday babes, so they are loving and giving. A is Thursday and she has far to go. Dave is also a Thurs child.

Unknown said...

This one my mom always read to me, and despite well intended pc efforts to make it nicer, it was indeed "full of woe". Sorry!

I have far to go.
Greta is fair of face.
Mickey is full of grace.
Eska is full of woe.
Casey is bonny and blithe

Charlie is full of grace as well