Sunday, October 9, 2011

We're Moving!

Big news: we are moving!

The last five years we have been in a 1300 square foot ranch - and while it worked just fine with two small kids, with the addition of two more, and the accompanying growth of the first two, we had simply outgrown our surroundings. Now the economy has not done us well, but thanks to the generosity of my parents, we will be rent-to-owning a new, beautiful, spacious (3300 sf) place right near their winter home on the far East side of Mesa! Closing date is November 9. A few teaser pics for you:


Backyard:


View (on the golf course, looking at Red Mountain):


Kitchen:


Living Room:


Stairway:


Family Room:


I have a feeling it won't look *quite* so tidy once we move in!


More big news: I am almost done with my requirements for my midwifery license...which means I will be submitting paperwork to the State in a couple weeks, and sitting for my exams starting in February. I have a busy October and November scheduled with births, prenatal and postpartum visits, followed by a calmer December and...that's IT! I will be attending a birth in March, but otherwise will spend the Spring focused on studying for the NARM and the State practical, oral, and rules/regulation exams.

Little news: kids are all doing great; Clara is in 4th grade and is learning viola through orchestra at school. She has also joined a recreational swim team and loves it! 




Elfie is in 2nd grade and has started 4H with Aunt B. She has recently lost a bunch of teeth, so I present the toothless grin of 7.5 years:


And Wonder Elf:




 Both girls will be moving to the local elementary school after Christmas break. It should be an interesting transition, as the girls have been in Montessori from day one...and the local school is "traditional." I know they will adjust well though. 

First Day of School, 2011


Liam is in his same preschool again this year, and he loves it, even though we were bummed his teacher from last year didn't return. Sadly for him, we will be pulling him out of school after the break as well - it's just too far to drive! Bonus: since he starts kindergarten in the Fall, he'll get a semester at home before taking the leap into big kid school.



Oliver is a pure joy...at 2.5 years now, he is extremely talkative and busy, imaginative and curious. He has quite a sense of humor, and keeps us giggling with his antics and expressions. Unfortunately, he hates having his picture taken, so it's hard to get a presentable shot of his true cuteness :) He learned to swim quite well this summer, and loved jumping in the pool to swim to the side...oh, and perhaps best of all: 

HE'S OUT OF DIAPERS! 
You read that right...no more diapers in this house!


Super Tot:


5 comments:

NancyinAbq said...

Love the update. Your new home is beautiful, your kids are beautiful, and your life has come together beautifully. Love to you all.

The Wizzle said...

So many big, FABULOUS changes for your family! I'm THRILLED for you!

Erin said...

o.m.g. gorgeous house! And your family will make it an equally beautiful home...

Rixa said...

Wow, I love the new house and especially the pool! Do you know what my first thought was when I saw your pool? "That would be a great place to do underwater maternity pictures!" (Have you seen the link on my blog?)

Dio's pretty much done with diapers, but of course I have another little one who will using them for a while :)

jakesask said...

Congratulations on all the progress with your midwifery career, Jen! I'm soooo jealous, as I'm living in a place where the educational requirements are extensive and restrictive, and it is impossible to legally obtain clinical/practical experience without leaving the province (well, without leaving the country, really). Arizona rocks! Saskatchewan sucks!