Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Could this be a boy?

Just got this from a post on MDC:

Fun facts on gestation:

Shorter gestations - Asian, Semitic, Hispanic, Mediterranean (a week or so early with first)
Average gestations: Celtic, Russian or French (right around the due date)
Longer gestations - African, Germanic or Scandinavian (2-4 weeks past the due date)

AND!

CONCLUSION: Male gender significantly predisposes to the prolongation of pregnancy to the extent that, by 43 weeks of gestation, there are 3 male deliveries for every 2 female deliveries.

from: http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/dueDates.html

Could this be why Baby3 is taking longer?? Hopefully, an answer soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This may not be especially thrilling for you, but it is fun to be able to feel the anticipation and excitement, even from afar. Good luck. I agree with Judit - I'm checking your site almost as often as my email. :)

Anonymous said...

By the way, I am a friend of Rixa's (old college roommate, actually) who came to your site through hers. I hope you don't mind.

Jen said...

Of course I don't mind! And I'm glad somebody is enjoying the anticipation...oh, okay, it's kind of fun, even for me :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your graciousness. I really am enjoying hearing all your stories. And, I really wish that I was where you are - about to experience labor and all of its joys (I am not being sarcastic). My husband and I are TTC our 4th child, and I am so excited for labor since the last one was so much fun.

I sincerely hope that you get a great labor, and a beautiful, healthy bebe, whatever it is. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh. Jen, I, too, am so excited and full of anticipation each day for you all. As you know, I savored the birthings of each of my kids and I'm so happy for you that the fruition will be even sweeter by its tantalizing timing.

Anonymous said...

Now that I have one of each, I really hope everyone else can have one (or two or several) of each too! Boys are fun, Jen, I am now hoping for a boy for you while I am absolutely delighting in my new little girl! Oh, little boys are so dear. I love how mine claims he's stronger and faster than everyone, and sleeps with his baseball mitt (so what's new, you ask?) and how yesterday he colored his gray sneakers blue with markers so they look like baseball shoes :)

Anonymous said...

p.s.
are wraps really better for true hands-free nursing? Like in a sling I still have to hold her head up so it' snot really handsfree. makes for funny typos.

Unknown said...

Tupy and I must be outliers if those stats are meaningful: 43 weeks, Semitic, and a girl :) Anyway what a gorgeous baby Liam is (I should have posted this comment on an actual picture of him)... he looks EXACTLY like you!