Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A Homer Hello

Greetings from the frigid north! The kids and I made it safely, and more or less without incident last Wednesday. We hit dinner at the Moose's Tooth in Anchorage before tackling the 220 miles to Homer, all buckled into the big ol' company van.

Weather has been pretty grey and dreary...and highs reach about 55 degrees (half of the temp at home). In big news, there's now a stoplight in my hometown! A real, honest-to-God traffic light with all three colors!!

The girls have been playing with the neighbor's daughter, who is 10. They think she's pretty cool - but sadly she leaves on vacay tomorrow.

Baby L is a trooper. Still sleeping and eating as always...charming the grandparents and all the folks he's met.

That's news from the north. Stay tuned for updates over the next three weeks...

3 comments:

Rixa said...

Glad to hear you made it safely. I suppose the cool weather is a nice relief from the desert heat!

Judit said...

Hm, wonder what one eats at a place called The Moose's Tooth!
AK must be so beautiful this time of year. Do you have white nights there?

Michelle said...

I have to say, I'm not sorry that you are cold. It has been pretty cooler here though..See you all soon.