See the big mess of cactus in the top of the next pic? That's gone now. The palm to the left was cut back too, so instead of five branches, there are only three now.
Out front, they took out some of the giant prickly pear...but it costs a fortune, so more will have to wait.
-----------------------
Next: babywearing, in my latest aquisition - a Yamo carrier.
See the versatility?
Baby L at 12 pounds:
E really likes being carried around - either in this one or in a mei tai. I haven't yet tackled wearing both little ones at the same time...but it should be doable.
10 comments:
Yamo is really cool looking! Nice find! But OMG how did Gabo get to be 10 lbs bigger than C?! Who'da thunk three years ago?
I totally understand the carrier addiction.
I need to start wearing M on my back. How do I put her on in my wrap... sigh... the instructions on mamatoto give me a headache :)
LOL - He's not - he's 10 pounds bigger than *E* ! Which puts him exactly where C is :) As for the wrap on back - either swing her like a backpack, or lift and drop...over a bed to start!
okay, *jawdrop* again E is all grown up!
ROFL @ myself...
Ooh, I like the carrier. I have not been able to get Zari up on my back with a wrap or mei tai, unless Eric is helping, because she is SO wiggly. She'll roll or squirm right off my back. Good thing I was on the bed when that happened. I am going to try some more when I get home, after I make myself a Rixa-shaw!
I've actually worn L on my back in my Rix-shaw, but he's just a hair floppy still for me to feel comfortable doing so...In my babyhawk with headrest, I can do it better. However, Zari's old enough, I bet it would work great, and it really only takes a little tiny bit of practice :) I highly recommend a Rix-shaw - it's my most used one, since it's light, quick, and beautiful :)
When you have him on your back, do you tuck his feet in? M screams when I try to spread his little legs. Would you say back carry in an MT is still safe with the legs tucked?
umm, I meant *her* little legs. (gender problems today?)
I don;t tuck - I spread, frog-leg style. I don't know about a tcked back carry - I might be afraid she could slip out a side. Funny creatures, these babies - L doesn't like to be tucked!
yeah... they can be a finicky crowd! I have a friend, first time mom, whose baby has not liked tucking from the start... she says he kicks her just like he did in utero :) she can't use pouches or slings at all, but structured carriers where his legs dangle work fine.
M is the opposite, loves being curled up--even front facing, kangaroo style--and was actually very quiet in utero. Could this be truly correlated? How was L before he was born?
He was by far the most active of all! It was almost painful at times, how much he moved around - kicking, rolling from ROA to LOA (multiple times a day sometimes), hiccupping...you name it. It would almost scare dh some nights, watching my belly roll around! lol
Post a Comment