Wednesday, October 17, 2007

$41.39

Beginning October 1, we've been on a kick to eat through the food in our freezer, fridge, and pantry. The only groceries we've bought since then are milk, yogurt, and some veggies and fruit. I have a favorite store, called the Superstition Ranch Market - below you can see today's booty, purchased for the total price of $41.39.

Included:
3 heads of lettuce
3 eggplant
2 heads of cauliflower
4 artichokes
8 zucchini
cilantro
4 red peppers
2 bags of organic grapes
4 heads of broccoli
butternut squash
green onions
6 large yams
bananas
4 lb bag of oranges
golden honeydew
cantaloupe
4 kiwi
4 tomatoes on the vine
6 heirloom tomatoes
8 organic apples
5 other apples

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Wow! I wish there was a place like that around here. All that color makes me hungry. :)

Jen said...

Isn't it pretty? I had unpacked everything, and as I started to put stuff away, realized it was quite picture-worthy! ;)

Michelle said...

Oh I am crying at the cost of gas keeping me from my beloved Ranch Market!

I took a picture of my co-op veggies last week too for the same reason, they looked so good! I think I will be coming over tomorrow!