Far away in Jaipur, India, my baby sister celebrated her 22nd birthday today! I tried calling to sing the song...but can't seem to dial international numbers on my phone...
A was born at home November 30, 1985. I was just shy of 11 years old, and was lucky enough to witness her peaceful entry into the world. I don't doubt my witnessing her birth set me on the road to homebirth my own little ones. Thanks Mom for showing me early on just how natural and wonderful birth really is!
And...Happy Birthday, baby sister!
4 comments:
Is that LIAM?? He is so small and (relatively) thin in those pictures!!! So cute, too!
What is she doing in Jaipur? SOunds like fun.
My sister is there for the whole academic year, studying Hindi. She graduated with a BA from the U of Chicago last spring, majored in East Asian Area Studies, emphasis in Hindi...Her program is with the American Institute of Indian Studies and is funded through a fellowship with the Dept. of Ed. She's a smart cookie, that sister of mine :)
...and yeah, isn't it crazy how scrawny he was?? I just saw two newborns in the last couple days...and I can't believe how TINY they are!! No way were MY kids ever so small (even though they were all actually smaller...lol).
Post a Comment