Anybody have a fabulous cookie recipe to share? I'm headed to a cookie swap on Sunday, and must bring nine and one-half dozen cookies. Yes, 114 cookies. I found a recipe for mint chocolate cookies I might have to make, but if you have a favorite that wouldn't be outrageous to make times 114, let me know!
(and yes, H and M, I'm just now thinking about it. but worry not, I'll show up, cookies in hand!!)
Oh, and by the way, I'm making NO pretenses about "healthy" for this event :)
7 comments:
Well, you could do the classic gingerbread men. Those would be easy to mass-produce.
My personal favorite Christmas cookie is a candy-cane cookie. It could be crazy to shape 114 candy canes, but perhaps you could roll the dough into pinwheel logs, cut off the cookies, and decorate with crushed peppermint candies. I just called my mother-in-law for the recipe, and I'll post it as soon as she calls me back with it. :)
You could also do oatmeal-sunflower seed cookies. They are REALLY good, though NOT particularly healthy. :)
1 c butter
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
3 c oats (I usually prefer old-fashioned, but these really do work better if you either blend up the old-fashioned oats or use instant)
1 c sunflower seeds
Cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs. Sift the dry stuff together (minus the oats), and add to the creamed mixture. Add the oats and sunflower seeds. Drop by teaspoonful or so (I use a small cookie scoop) onto a well-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Delicious!
I'll send the candy-cane cookie recipe as soon as I get it. :)
Well, my all-time favorite is the double chocolate cookies we made when I visited!
Cookie Dough
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1 stick butter
1 ½ cups sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 cup cocoa powder
Filling
½ cup natural peanut butter
6 Tbsp confectioner’s sugar
□ Heat oven to 325 F
□ Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave or over a double boiler. Let cool slightly.
□ Add sugar, then eggs to the chocolate mixture.
□ Add flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
□ Roll dough into marble-sized pieces and press down slightly.
□ Bake for 12-15 minutes.
□ When cool, spread peanut butter filling on one cookie and press another cookie together to make a “sandwich.”
An easy one I have made for the swap in previous years is Amish Sugar Cookies. Definitely not healthy...
Amish Sugar Cookies
1 C sugar
1 C pwderd sugar
1 C butter
1 C Cooking oil
2 eggs
4 1/2 c flour (5 to form balls)
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
Combine 1st four ingredients
Beat well
Add eggs and beat again
Add remaining ingredients and mix well
Drop small balls of dough on cookie sheet
Flatten with a fork (for a cool design, use an empty spool of thread; dip in sugar and flatten top of cookie with spool)
Sugar top of cookies
Bake at 350 for 15 minutes
My only problem is that I don't have the yield listed.
Thank you thank you!
These all sound great (and how could I forget the double chocos, Rixa!?). I might have to try them all before the end of the year...however, since I have everything already for the oatmeal/sunflower ones, I'm going to run with those. But hey, if anybody still wants to add more recipes to the comments, I won't complain :)
Thanks again. You mamas are great!
For next time . . .
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip are my favorite cookies (and they seem to be fabulously good for cleaning up one's digestive system. Mmm, fiber). Goes like this:
1 c. pumpkin
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. oil
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda dissolved in 1 tsp. milk
1 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
(you could add 1/2 c. chopped nuts too, but I don't)
Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg in large bowl. Stir well. Mix in flour, b powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda mixture; mix well. Stir in chips, vanilla (and nuts). Drop by teaspoonful on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated 375' oven for 12 mins.
Makes about 5 dozen.
*If using fresh or home-frozen pumpkin, use 1/2 c. more flour.
Sorry I forgot to post the candy cane cookie recipe. Here it is anyway:
Candy Cane Cookies
Mix:
1 c shortening
1 c powdered sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 t almond extract
1 t vanilla
Sift together, and then add to the creamed mixture:
2 1/2 c flour
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
Add:
1/4 c milk
if the dough seems a bit dry.
Divide in half, and color one side red and the other green, or just leave it white. Pinch off small balls. Roll it with your fingers into a snake, and twist with another "snake" of the other color to make candy canes.
Bake at 370 degrees for 9 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix:
1/2 c crushed peppermint candies
1/2 c sugar
Sprinkle over the cookies while they are still HOT out of the oven.
YUM!!!! My personal favorite.
These look too good; I've printed them all. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment