Friday, June 11, 2010

$7600

Want to see what a little rear-end collision can do to a mini-van? 







Dan stopped at a red light the other day coming home...and the woman in the truck behind him didn't. 
Well, I guess she eventually stopped - via our tailgate.

Dan is fine.

The repair estimate stands at $7600 and at least three weeks' time.

Luckily, the other driver was insured, so hopefully nothing but time and annoyance will come out of our pockets. If we are not so fortunate, we'll be out our $250 deductible, and 20% of the rental van cost.

On the bright side, our car seats are being replaced...we had a Britax Frontier and a Britax Wizard...I purchased two Sunshine Kid Radian XT SL, in Flora (by the way, this is a great price - 20% off and free shipping; we've ordered multiple times from this site). We were told this is covered 100%

If you read my last post, you'll appreciate the Radian seats: they rear-face to 45 pounds; harness forward-facing to 80 pounds. My boys will be strapped to the gills for years to come!




.

1 comment:

Rixa said...

Yikes! Just glad the person who hit you was insured. I seem to have a lot of friends who get into accidents and the other driver at fault doesn't have insurance...Well and of course I'm most glad that no one was injured!