Thanks to the generosity, trust, and friendship of my midwife mentor...I was fortunate to greet today's sunrise welcoming a baby girl earthside. It has been just over a year since my last series of births and my resignation from apprenticeship...a hard year of adjusting to our own family addition, missing what I know is my calling in life...missing friends in the birth community, and missing working with said amazing midwife and friend.
So:
I was called at 2:15 this morning, mama peacefully humming through her contractions, appearing hardly in discomfort, almost sleeping in her chair when we arrived. A sudden shift in moaning, still quiet, yet more intense, piqued my curiosity around 5:00, and I saw mom was standing over a pad, with her water broken....sixteen minutes later, their baby girl emerged, vernix-coated and perfect...7 lb 14 oz, dark hair, mama hardly uttering a sound, daddy watching, siblings sleeping through it all...birds chirping and morning haze just burning off as the Arizona sun lit the sky...
2 comments:
That's fantastic! I hope this is able to help bring you closer to who you really are, and who you want to be. <3
I'm so glad you're able to attend births again! Oh, and I loved your last India post about the makeup. My definition of wearing makeup = mascara, and that happens once or twice a year. Sometimes the idea of wearing makeup sounds a bit nice to me, but I can't actually stand to have it on my face.
Post a Comment