Friday, June 13, 2008

Flood!

I'm a little slow keeping up with the news. My dear Iowan friends, I can't believe what you're experiencing right now!

This picture shows the main road into town from I-80...well, what WAS the main road *gasp*:


And here is the carousel (middle, colorful top showing) and swing sets (in the lower left, only the tops visible) down in Lower City Park where the kids spent many, many hours playing:




So many more unbelievable pictures here. Please be sure to update us, IC folk. Hope you are all safe and well, all things considered.

3 comments:

Judit said...

I can hardly believe my eyes. That's Mayflower?! and my beloved City Park underwater. This is terrible. I'm so sorry.

Harshes said...

Wow. I don't watch the news...at all...but my husband told me about the floods. These are the first pics I've seen. Wow again.

Molecule said...

It's not the first time City Park is under water! I was on the crew that dug out the playground equipment in 93! All that work will have to be done again. Ugh. Des Moines is not nearly as bad, thank goodness.