C took a picture of D and me...a rare sight around here LOL
We finally made our way to the gate, only to be paged and told that all UMs were being excluded from the flight due to a weather advisory! Now I will hold my tongue a little and just say, I have never had such rude service as we had there at the gate podium check-in thingy...
Beyond annoyed, we were told our choices were to put the girls on a flight to LAX (yeah, helpful when we're trying to get them to San Diego!), or rebook for the next day. On the spur of the moment, we decided that instead of ruining this fun Xmas trip and family Xmas dinner waiting on the other end, I would buy a ticket and just go with them! So out came the credit card and ID, the girls and I hopped on the plane, and D went home with Baby L.
So the girls are still there, and will get to visit with my cousin and his family (Hi D :)), and meet their second cousins. They will drive back here with my parents and sister on Monday.
Oh, speaking of sister - that is a lovely surprise I hadn't mentioned, as she returned home from India for the holidays as a surprise to the rest of the family.
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas (or Solstice, or Hanukkah, or whatever holiday you celebrate).
2 comments:
Oooh, that's a last-minute change of plans! You're looking beautiful (as usual!).
Whoa, serious spontaneity there! Were the girls thrilled that you got to ride with them?
By the way, I think you look so pretty. 30 weeks already? I know pregnancies always fly by for people who aren't, but that went very fast! Did it for you, too?
Post a Comment