Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Bath, play-doh and back to routine

While he still fits, I really prefer bathing L in the kitchen sink...


And here's E making another round of no-cook play-doh, showing little bro just how it's done:


In other news...C started back to school on Monday; E started yesterday. Of course, if mama had been paying any attention to school calendars, E was supposed to start last Thursday (oops). It's been nice getting back to the old routine. The girls were pretty much fed up with vacation!

I've signed the girls both up for swim lessons (outside! twice a week! super cheap!) at the YMCA...which D and I just rejoined in order to get going on the whole "healthy new year" thing. There's a child watch at the Y, so I can drop the kids and get some exercise...of course, when Baby L is screaming the whole time and the staff has to come get me, I don't get so much done (as in yesterday).

I rearranged the girls' room in preparation to convert our third bedroom into an office/craft/guest room. Who knows what will happen when we're ready to boot the baby out of our room...but I figure we've got plenty of time before crossing that bridge. Or who knows, maybe he'll get our walk-in closet LOL.

OK...time to wash L's woolies. How about some more comments from the peanut gallery this year? I'd love to know who's actually reading my ramblings and incoherent mommy-brain musings every once in a while.

4 comments:

Rixa said...

I love kitchen sink baths. The sprayer is especially convenient for rinsing off shampoo.

Kelley said...

I wish I'd thought to bathe Ben in the sink more. I remembered recently (he's over 3), and he barely fit. I'm definitely going to make sure the next one gets baths in there all the time, especially seeing as I jsut got rid of the baby bath. :)

I love the idea of the child watch at your Y. I'd love to do that right now, but every spare cent is going into moving (for the moment) and debt reduction. I can't wait! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Jen. I'm reading your musings, I'm watching your kids grow. I love the sink bath, too. And I'm very jealous of you even talking about outside swimming now while I'm freezing over here. Thanks for sharing your lives with us.

Anonymous said...

Of course, your blogless friend is still reading...