Oh, and for the carriers with multiple pictures, I'm trying to show the versatility of these styles. You'll notice I am carrying both E and Baby L (at different times) in the same carrier. Also, most of these work for front, back, and even hip carries.
You'll notice many of these are lovely self-portraits in the bathroom mirror (excuse the toothpaste gunk). When I resell the ones I don't keep, I take these so as to illustrate just what I'm selling. I'm really not that neurotic as to document every single carrier I try, I promise... Occasionally I take a picture to go along with a discussion on the forums...and every once in a while, I pass the camera to somebody else and I'm actually captured in action *shock*.
(missing pictures...Ergo, Bebina wrap, Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch, and hotsling)
**and for the record, I didn't buy ANY of these at retail price :) I buy them used, sell them, or trade them for other carriers or for other items (like girls' clothes and baby shoes). Why? Because I'm always looking out for the single BEST carrier I can find!**
Nana's Jetpak

APLX
Freehand Podegi
KangaRose SSC
BabyHawk mei tai (MT)
BabyHawk MT (different one)
...and again here with "extreme makeover" (decorative cover)
BabyHawk onbu
Ball Baby Overall MT
Yamo SSC
EllaRoo MT
Olives & Applesauce buckle-tai (tester model)
Olives & Applesauce buckle-tai (production model)
Toddler Patapum
Moshi Baby SSC

MayaWrap unpadded ring sling
DIY Thai silk MT (also made by Rixa)
OMT wrap MT
Moby wrap
And a few without action shots...
EllaRoo Rebozo
Beco SSC
...and the one I made for the girls
6 comments:
Jen, your addiction is even worse than I had thought! There must be a BCA somewhere near you (Baby Carriers Anonymous). hahahaha
I know...it's bad. I changed the post title to reflect your comment! LOL
I only have 11 of these now...and one is borrowed (that makes 10)...and of the SSCs (APLX, Nana's Jetpak, Ergo, Yamo), only one will actually stay with me (so that's 7). The Moshi is only for D - I don't wear it at all, but it's his favorite (so 6), and the MayaWrap is also on its way out (so 5). Now really, is FIVE carriers that bad? I'll only have a pod, 2 MTs, an SSC, and a pouch! Much more reasonable, no? :) It's all in the name of research, I tell you. You need to know something about a carrier? I'm your go-to-mama! ;)
Jen, I love your obsession with the babywearers. I actually had read the "Continuum Concept" some years ago when I was very actively teaching birthing classes. I bookmarked your referred website and will be reading it avidly. Funny how I just got the picture of my grandbaby in the kitchen sink. Some strong resemblances in these two handsome cousins. Give your sweeties a hug from me.
Wow! That collection is truly impressive. It give sme some good ideas. I definitely want to wear this baby more than I did the others. I'm really interested in the mei tais. Are there any that are your favorites? And why? I want to be able to carry this baby on my back alot. How soon can I start?
Amazing!! So which one was your favorite?
Just wanted to let you know I still reference this collection/addiction post frequently. I have it bookmarked! I've also referred friends to this entry. If I had a blog, I'd link to it.
Post a Comment