...one more picture to my carrier-addiction thread, that is. Got the Nana's Jetpak in the mail yesterday. I LOVE the fabrics, but this one's not staying around. I find other carriers more comfortable.
I was asked which is my favorite...and I think overall I'd have to answer my Yamo or Olives and Applesauce carriers. However, it's really hard to pick just one, as I like different styles for different uses. I loved my MayaWrap RS, my silk Rixa-made MT and my Moby Wrap when L was tiny. I love my BabyHawk, O&A, and Yamo now. I think with some practice, I'll also love the podegi. The OMT was simply heavenly...except the waist straps were too big for me (the padding extended too far, so it was hard to tie).
I know which I didn't like...I didn't care for the EllaRoo mei tai or the Ergo SSC or the hotsling. I thought the KangaRose was too flimsy, and the BBO too stiff. The Patapum was just not very comfortable. I also don't care for the Moshi, but it's Dan's favorite, and in fact "just his" now.
There's the quick answer. I would still like to review more of them another time. We'll see :)
3 comments:
So, any recommendations for a baby carrier gift for first time parents, quite crunchy and adventurous, and I'm sure they'll be avid babywearers? We'll make it a group gift if need be so cost is not a concern.
cheers!
Judit
Oh, the choices...I would probably go for a reversible BabyHawk. That gives them 2 color choices and starts them with a mei tai. They're more all-purpose and all-fitting than SSCs. If they're really adventurous and you really want to splurge, a good German-style woven wrap (Storchenweige, Didymos, etc) is lovely, but the learning curve is harder. Yeah, I think I'd go BabyHawk. And be sure to point them to thebabywearer.com in your card! What a great gift.
Oh, you could do a Moby Wrap and ring sling combo too...Mobys are awesome with newborns, easier than GSWs since they're stretchy, and RSs can be used through toddlerhood as well. Mobys are only about $40 I think; you could get one of those and a MayaWrap or some other nice RS. Or if you gather that much money, get all three! :)
why bother choosing when you can have'em all, right? LOL
True about the learning curve on the wraps. I didn't even attempt one until M came along. BabyHawks are gorgeous. OTOH if we go the ring sling route, I know just whom to order one from... a gift to one friend, a business opportunity for another :)
Post a Comment