Oh no, now I've done it. I went to a cloth diaper/baby carrier swap this morning and came away with carrier-envy. I knew there was a fair variety of baby carriers out there, but these women today simply blew me away with what they had! Aside from some of the standard wraps and mei tais, slings and pouches were some other asian carriers (podegi, ombu) and some variations on the above. The one that I am simply drooling over and will dream about tonight was a mei tai made from a didymos wrap - or maybe it was from a Storch? Either way, made from an organic woven fabric wrap that's supposedly the "cadillac" of wraps.
It's called an Octi Mei Tai, and has wrap-like straps to better distribute the weight. She doesn't have a website, though they're obviously out there...a quick google pulled up a few for sale on various boards. To make your own, see FrankenKozy. I guess Octi isn't the first to do this...but they were simply to die for!! The Octi also had a soft head cover with cord and clips. It just hung down when not in use, and clipped up high when needed...
*sigh*
While there, I may have picked up a few more diapers...four NB fuzzi bunz (only $3.50 ea!), two Little Beetle fitteds and a contour with elasticized legs.
My newborn stash (not including my dozens of Mother-ease one-size fitteds, and missing another red wool cover and a few misc. others that I've loaned out):
That includes, from left to right and clockwise, a dozen Snug-to-fit one-size fitteds, eleven size 0 Kissaluvs, three dozen Chinese prefolds, two Little Beetle fitteds, two Kushies AIOs, a Bumkins AIO, a bunch of misc. covers, four fuzzi bunz, and my wool. Wool includes yellow cashmere Grateful Buns pull-on, blues Grateful Buns pull-on, red Bizzy B Hive snap, purple-y embroidered Bizzy B Hive snap, and an Aristocrats pull-on.
Think I should have enough? (lol)
My current carrier inventory includes a Moby wrap, a Maya sling (#65), a friend-made sling, a Solarveil sling, and a friend-made gauzy wrap. I know I want to add a mei tai or two to the collection, as I don't actually find slings all that comfortable!
.
2 comments:
Aaaah... I'd love a beautiful mei tai but it ain't gonna happen. There's a guy here at the library whose wife makes and sells them and of course models them with their baby. They're silk with patterns and gorgeous and comfy looking. They sell for a fortune, like they all do...
I WILL definitely spring for a Moby. I already got a hand-me-down Kangaroo Korner fleece pouch (out on loan right now with a friend who just had a 35 weeker. Woulda been a HBA2C if they'd made it a little longer, but a hospital VBAC made her really happy too!! Yay!) but won't a fleece pouch be too much in July and August? hm.
And I almost forgot, I think I still have the OTSBH you gave me!
As you know I got into the diapering game late w/ G so NO newborn anything here yet!! Eeek!
I'll just have to do prefolds with wraps, as can't afford anything fancy. I'll go with a cheapo all-Thirsties stash, except for a few wool covers. I think of you Jen every time I admire cute wool soakers online. You really talked them up, LOL!
wow, you definitely have quite the stash! I just switched Zari into the next size of diapers (supposedly 10-20 lbs but they are still quite generous on her 14 lb frame).
Post a Comment