Monday, February 5, 2007

Ramblings and updates

Activities of the last week:
Story time at the library
Dinosaur museum
Park (bike riding)
Hit golf balls with grandpa at the range
Visit grandma in hospital
Swim lessons
Play at aunt B's ranch
and...
Overnight with aunt B! And poor auntie B was up until midnight with two little girls who wouldn't go to sleep (and up again at 6:00 to get ready for work)! They had a ball, helping feed the horses, playing with the dogs, riding on Xena (the warrior 4-wheeler), eating out at the restaurant (ice cream!), and jumping on the bed...

Meanwhile, the parentals units attended a musical - the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. It was quite humorous, included a fair amount of improv, local detail and audience participation - in the form of four audience members being included in the first part of the musical! Very different and unexpected musical...

In other news...I'm trying to find the perfect Montessori preschool program in which to enroll the girls a couple days a week...wait, did I say perfect? I'll take anything with openings now! We are fortunate to live in an area with at least FIVE Montessori preschools within a 10-minute driving range. Some don't offer part-time options though, and I do not want a five-day preschool. I think two or three days maximum would be great for all of us. Since C will attend a Montessori kindergarten in the fall, looking specifically at the Montessori preschools makes the most sense. Let's just hope we can get in to one of them. Bonus: we get into the one offering Spanish.

That's the news from our corner of the world. Weather's been lovely (70s), baby 3 is making my belly big (pics soon), and we're hopeful that with the beginning of spring will come a sale on the old house...

Keep in touch, friends and family!

2 comments:

Rixa said...

So you haven't sold your old house yet? We did the double mortgage payment thing for a little while too...not fun. I think it should sell given how quickly real estate moves in that town.

Anonymous said...

I keep meaning to tell you, talkt o Claudia because Cristian went to Montessori until last year. I know she researched hard to find the perfect one. I believe it was in the area you live. It's so funny but i love following this page even though I see you all the time!