Monday, February 19, 2007

Picky eaters? My bragging post.

You know, I hear so often about kids who "won't eat anything but french fries," or "only eat spaghetti."

My girls tonight at dinner both ate:

Alaskan sockeye salmon grilled with garlic, fennel pollen and lemon juice
Quinoa with mixed veggies (corn, carrots, green beans)
Salad (spinach and lettuce, carrots, cukes and sunflower seeds)
Non-homogenized milk

And not only did they both eat it, they both ate LOTS of it! E must have eaten a good 5-6 oz of salmon and double portions of quinoa; C had about 3 oz of fish, triple servings of quinoa, and triple servings of salad! It just makes my heart sing...oh, I guess after the last post, I should qualify this bragging with one thing: there was no bribing involved! Well, actually I guess I had to tell C at one point to stop taking more salad until she finished her fish...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the salad thing is truly amazing, Jen. I wish we were there yet... but no reason to really complain.
G cleared his plate of goat curry, sauteed cabbage, and brown rice and beans last night. (keeping him in touch with his dad's caribbean heritage!)
Imagine the possibilities, if only he didn't go to a preschool where they feed them chicken nuggets and hot dogs :( They say the kids won't eat anything else!

Rixa said...

Way to go Jen!!! I want my kids to be the same way--so they will say "please please pleeeeeease can we have sushi tonight?"

But you know, my and my siblings all went through a phase where all we wanted to eat was macaroni & cheese, fish sticks, and frozen pizza. Fortunately we grew out of it and now eat all sorts of delicious ("weird" to many people) things today.

Jen said...

Yeah, don't get me wrong, there's plenty of pickiness at times. But in general they're great eaters...I think it helps that nuggets and hot dogs simply are not options here! C loves sushi...and the salad thing? I give 100% credit to Tim's :)

Anonymous said...

I still talk about Tim's to whoever will listen here in New Haven. He's like a living legend now.

Anonymous said...

No bragging needed here. I know full well how your children eat. Yes it is impressive. I really do enjoy bragging about my (Tims) kids eating habits. I love when the kids beg for more salad. We also miss preparing special Elfie food