Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Renaissance Fun

Went to the big Renaissance Festival on Sunday...it's huge! We had a great time, staying from 11-6:30. Some highlights: we watched a jousting match, some entertainment shows, ate some bad food, enjoyed some good Guiness, and soaked in the gorgeous 75 degree day.

Here are my favorite shots from the day:








And the rest below. There are lots of pics in this album...To see them in bigger format, mouse over the yellow head in the lower left corner, then click on the link that appears!

4 comments:

Kelley said...

Very cool! I love the girls' costumes. They look delightful and ethereal.

Anonymous said...

I like the llama ride with E., the whole village on the elephant, and the stilted tall people with C. Nice shot of E greeting the sunset, too. I actually went a Ren. Faire in N.Ca. back 1970. I still remember it as bawdy good fun. Where'd you get C's fancy dress?

Rixa said...

Another use for the wedding party dresses? That makes me want to move south. It was a high of 15 degrees today. woohoo! I could do without desert summers, but the winters sound wonderful!

Jen said...

Yep, Rixa pegged it...C's dress is from her auntie B's wedding back in November...if you really want, go back in the archives and you can see it in its original manifestation. For some very odd reason, E didn't want to wear hers. She just might be moving out of dress-only mode - yippee!