Friday, May 30, 2008

Birth

I got a call around 7 yesterday evening (Thursday) from my friend S. She was trying to give me a pre-labor warning, but said it was really early, and maybe nothing...then at about 8:30 I got a text message saying "it will be tonight..." The "come now" call was at 9:54 and I was there by 10:05. A happy healthy baby girl was born at 10:57.

It was a beautiful, peaceful home waterbirth (a 3rd VBAC if you're counting), surrounded by family. In fact, the 8-year old big sister caught the baby with help of dad while her 2 brothers and sister (ranging from 2 to 11 I think) all watched. Music was playing, candles burning, and everyone so joyous. The mama was strong and glowing (and not a little surprised with the speed of the labor!).

Congratulations to the family. I am so blessed to have been witness to this amazing event...

5 comments:

RawMilkStar said...

Awesome!! How exciting that you were able to make it in time. :-)

Judit said...

Yay!!! You must be very happy and inspired. it really is happening! Good for you!!

Harshes said...

oh, that is so great! sounds like a wonderful, supportive, joyous birth! what an honor to get to be there Jen!

Kelley said...

Wow! That sounds like an awesome experience! I'm glad you were able to be there.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. It is quite a high to witness this miracle.