So all that about Baby L sleeping so much better? Just a dirty little lie.
We did get those few nights of "better," but since I posted last Friday, it has been nothing short of horrid. He wakes every hour all night (occasionally we'll get a two-hour stretch), and will ONLY nurse. We've tried walking, patting, water, etc. with no luck.
We (Baby L and me) are now eating free of dairy, wheat, corn, soy and egg in an effort to isolate the offending food...still no improvement. I might have to go ahead and cut out all the other possibilities: berries, citrus, nuts, fish, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant)...and I'm sure something else my sleep-deprived brain is forgetting.
On the bright side, he has been taking a few steps here and there - up to four, I think. He says "hi" and "hot," blows kisses, signs "all done," "more," "water," and "eat," and is an all around lovey baby when he's not whining or fighting sleep.
His birthday is tomorrow...it has been both the longest and quickest year! These last few months have been so difficult...and the poor girls are suffering a lack of quality mom-time because of it. I just keep reminding myself that it will get better...some day.
In other non-baby news, the girls have two more weeks of school, I will be signing them up for some creative classes at the local Art Center, and we will be in AK for the month of July (can't remember if I already posted that). School starts back up mid-August, so it will be a quick and busy summer. The girls will be in the same school next year - C officially a first grader (though in reality a second grader), and E in kindergarten!
E has spent a few hours in her new class as a visitor, and loves it. Since it's a Montessori Primary class, the students are 3-6 years old, in preschool and kindergarten. Most of the preschoolers are returning in the Fall. E will go one more day - next Wednesday for pizza day! I will drop her with C in the morning "car line" and pick her up after lunch. She's very excited about her new school :) C will return to the same class, but will no longer be the baby of the room, as 7 new first graders will join.
Off to clean. More soon. Please wish sleep upon us!
4 comments:
So sorry to hear this.. my Eli was a horrid sleeper, and a big time fusser! Hopefully things will turn around. Happy Birthday to little Liam!
Poor baby. And how can he be a year already. Happy birthday, sweet L. Have you eliminated the possibility of ear ache or swimmer's ear?
Hey, we're in the same boat! Zari is waking up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours at night (sometimes 3, and even that feels incredibly luxurious) and nothing but nursing calms her down.
I just read a very fascinating book that, among other things, talked about food allergies. This MD/PhD noted that true food allergies are fairly rare, but the percent of people convinced they have allergies is something like 10x higher than the actual incidence of them. hmmm...
Anyway, the sleep issues sound just like Zari's and perhaps it's a phase of some sort? It's so frustrating to deal with no sleep. I totally feel for you.
Every one of my babies has gone from sleeping fine to waking up constantly during the night at about the year mark. I wish I knew what caused it so I could tell you and so I'd know for next time. Ugh! I seriously detest being sleep-deprived and I feel for you very much. Good luck.
Post a Comment